Make your game happen
Got a great idea for a game but don’t know how to get started? After this 1-day workshop you will have:
- – Clarified what you want from the game and how to achieve it
- – Tested and prototyped some of your ideas
- – Formulated clear next steps for taking your game forward
How does it work?
As an expert in your field, you have the knowledge and understanding that needs to go into the game. However, you might struggle with the game design itself. I can work with you to help turn your knowledge into a game that achieves what you want it to.
This “taster” workshop can be the beginning of a game design process. I can work with you to develop the workshop results into a completed game over a couple of months. On its own, the workshop will give you a glimpse of the power of games and you can use the results to show others your ideas.
I base the workshop on the “Reality-Meaning-Play” serious game design framework developed in the Netherlands, which I also use in my serious game design courses. During the workshop we will look at:
- – Reality: building the model of reality the game is based on
- – Meaning: what do you want players to take away from the game?
- – Play: how do we create a fun, engaging experience?
The standard workshop costs £400 (excluding travel and venue costs). This includes:
- – One-day facilitated workshop
- – Wide variety of game building materials to use
- – Workshop report with ideas generated and next steps
I can also tailor the workshop to your requirements.
Interested? Let’s start talking. You can contact me here.